Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Carter's Hallelujah Chorus

A few days ago, after listening to the DJ Jazzy Jeff' and the Fresh Prince's "Summertime" (yes, Erik bought it for Carter because Carter has decided he likes rap and Erik thought this was more wholesome than newer rap...) the London Philiharmonic Orchestra and Choir came on performing the Hallelujah Chorus. As it was playing, Carter asked, me what they were saying.

I told him "hallelujah."

Carter: "Oh, ha-way-wu... WHAT were they saying?"

Me: "Ha-lay-loo-yah"

Carter (after thinking for a minute): "Oh. Ha-way-BOO-yah."

Me: "No, Carter, Ha-lay-loo-yah."

To which Carter replied, "I know, Mom, but I say Ha-way-BOO-yah."

I blame the rap music. BOO-YAH.

1 comment:

Sharon M said...

I love these stories about Carter! Julian has really been getting into rhyming so he's changed all the names of his Disney books. Some of my faves: "Lady and the Clamp" "The Lion Thing" and "Chicken Pickle" (which doesn't rhyme, but hey, it's funny all the same!).

Also, wanted to let you know about themomcrowd [dot] com, if you don't already. Amelia occasionally posts stuff, and a few of my IV friends are running it. check it out!